Call me utterly shallow, but one of the things I'm most looking forward to about returning to the land of the free (apart from doing my part - finally! - to fight the War on Terror) is magazine subscriptions.
As many fellow Berlin-dwellers will verify, quality English-language magazines and newspapers will cost you a shitload in this (or any other European) town.
I actually saw a four-day-old mini-NyTimes for 11 Euros the other day. Bitches!
So, as I look forward to not having to tolerate six-week-old New Yorkers at Barcomi's (which is owned by an amazingly unpleasant woman, and to be totally avoided, I'm told), I contemplate the Top Five Titles to which I will, upon arriving (first week of March!), subscribe:
1. Readymade: The hipster's guide to DIY living improvements.
2. Wired: Perfect for getting one's geek on in the bathtub.
3. Tape Op: Music recording nerd heaven & it's free!
4. Photo District News: Not only because I have to, but mostly because I have to.
5. Punk Planet: Notes from underground.